Through this program with Labor with Kaci, I mentor those individuals who are new to doula work and have chosen to become members of our organization. Our hope is to make your certification process as easy and affordable as possible while building skills and relationships that will strengthen doulas in our community.
- Assist doulas in the certification process.
- Mentor new doulas through their first experiences with clients prenatally, during labor and the postpartum period.
- Offer feedback to the doulas in order to facilitate learning from their experiences and improving the care of the pregnant, birthing and postpartum clients.
- Offer in-service training for all doulas to continue the learning experience beyond the initial doula training workshop.
HOW DO I BECOME A PART OF THE MENTOR PROGRAM?
- Be enrolled in a Doula Certification Program & be seriously pursuing certification or experience.
- Be of a flexible and teachable attitude and willing to learn.
- Have internet access if at all possible (for the purpose of communcation without phone and can be set up at a local library and checked weekly)
- If you haven't already, please fill out the following form: Doula Mentorship Inquiry
- Pay Deposit ($50) for 3 Month Mentorship Fee
- Program Total: $150
BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION
Use the following link to book your consultation: Book your Consultation
I look forward to speaking with you!
Doula Mentorship Program
- Finding your identity in your doula work.
- Care providers will be comfortable with referring to you
- Clients will have a greater trust in your abilities
- Be a preferred doula in your community
- Learn techniques to communicate effectively as a crucial part of the birth team
- Obtain personal advice, counsel and guidance with an experienced doula
- Business advice from a successful doula of 4 years
- Direction on how to collaborate with community professionals for change
- Obtain a significant boost in confidence in your doula work
- Back-Up: Program assists with back-up arrangements for mentorship program participants
- Be involved in Zoom meeting discussions with other birth workers for perspective and growth